Tony Loeb wrote an article about nine methods OTAs employ to divert profits from hotel owners to themselves, including:
- They redirect your e-reputation
- They redirect from your prices
- They divert your word of mouth reputation
- They redirect your brand
- They divert your bookings
- They divert your guest database
- They redirect your customer relationship
- They redirect loyalty away from you
- They appropriate your customer follow-up
Loeb explains these diversions, and lists nine very simple methods that you can implement to regain control of your customers and recover the money that you lose.
Loeb says that you must learn them in order to be able to choose with whom and how you work. Read the full article here.